Gaselee, Alec Mansel
He was the son of Henry Gaselee, barrister-at-law, of Lincoln’s Inn and came to Winchester from Summerfields, Oxford. He went up to King’s College, Cambridge in 1912; and after some years service in the O.T.C., was appointed to the Special Reserve, and at the outbreak of the war joined the 15th Hussars. He fell in action near Hooge on May 24th 1915 during the first day of the Battle of Bellewaarde.
Gaselee’s place of burial is unknown but he is commemorated on Panel 5 of the Menin Gate Memorial in Ypres.
- Surname: GASELEE
- Forenames or initials: Alec Mansel
- House: K
- Years in School: 1907-1912
- Rank: 2nd Lieutenant
- Regiment: 15th Hussars
- Date of Birth: 12th May 1894
- Date of Death: 24th May 1915
- How Died: Killed in Action
- Location in War Cloister: Outer E1
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial