He was the son of Charles and Madeline Dawson of Wood Hall, Wetherby, Yorkshire and came to Winchester from Horris Hill. He represented his house in Hawkins Cup in 1913 and was in OTH XV in 1914. He became a Commoner Prefect in 1914. He left in December 1914 and obtained a commission with 5th Battalion, Rifle Brigade. He was killed by a shell which landed near Vermelles Church on July 12th 1916.
- Surname: Dawson
- Forenames or initials: Anthony
- House: I
- Years in School: 1910-1914
- Rank: 2nd Lieutenant
- Regiment: Rifle Brigade
- Date of Birth: 8th August 1896
- Date of Death: 13th July 1916
- How Died: Killed in action
- Location in War Cloister: Outer F4
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: VERMELLES BRITISH CEMETERY: Grave IV. G. 31.