Daniell, Archibald Steuart Lindsay
He was the son of Lindsay Daniell Esq., of 4 Draycott Place, London and Marion Hamilton Daniell. He came to Winchester from Copthorne School, and in June 1914 obtained a commission in the 5th Battalion Rifle Brigade. He was killed on December 19th 1914 at Ploegsteert Wood while leading his men to the attack. His name appeared in Despatches after his death. He is bured in grave IV.G.5 of the Rifle House Cemetery in Ploegsteert Wood, named after the gun emplacement of which no trace now exists.
- Surname: Daniell
- Forenames or initials: Archibald Steuart Lindsay
- House: B
- Years in School: 1908-1913
- Rank: 2nd Lieutenant
- Regiment: Rifle Brigade
- Date of Birth: 6th June 1895
- Date of Death: 19th December 1914
- How Died: Killed in action
- Location in War Cloister: Outer E4
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: RIFLE HOUSE CEMETERY : Grave IV. G. 5.