Calvert, William Andrew
Born on 6th February 1928, the son of William and Janet Calvert of Onibury, Shropshire. His mother was the daughter of William Dove of Navan, Co. Meath.
He came to Chernocke House, under Harry Altham, in September 1941 and in his last year finished 3rd in Senior Steeplechase and gained his school running colours. He was also a keen oarsman. Of considerable artistic ability, on leaving Winchester it had been his intention of make a career in architecture.
However, he joined the Royal Navy, and died whilst serving as a Signaller, of meningitis at Newton le Willows on 26th January 1947.
- Surname: Calvert
- Forenames or initials: William Andrew
- House: A
- Years in School: 1941-1946
- Rank: Signaller
- Regiment: Royal Navy
- Date of Birth: 6th February 1928
- Date of Death: 26th January 1947
- How Died: Died of Illness
- Location in War Cloister: Inner C1
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: Unknown