Johnson, Francis Edwin Davis
Johnson died whilst serving with the Hampshire Carabiniers. There is no record of him in the Commonwealth War Graves Commission records. In the Wykehamist War Service Roll 1914-1919 Johnson is listed as serving with the Machine Gun Corps, and as having died on January 29th 1918. There are two Frank Johnsons of the Machine Gun Corps listed by the CWGC, ages unknown, but they died in March and April 1918. The only Johnson who fits the date of death listed in the War Service Roll and is the correct age (twenty-one) is a Frank Edwin Davis Johnson. His details have been used in this record.
He was the son of Edwin and Emily Johnson, of Winchester, which supports the threory that this is the correct Johnson. He is buried in grave XIII.E.17 of Nine Elms British Cemetery.
- Surname: Johnson
- Forenames or initials: Francis Edwin Davis
- House: Quirister
- Years in School: 1907-1910
- Rank: Trooper
- Regiment: Hampshire Carabiniers
- Date of Birth: 19th October 1896
- Date of Death: 31st January 1918
- How Died: Killed in France
- Location in War Cloister: Outer G6
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: NINE ELMS BRITISH CEMETERY: Grave XIII.E.17