Allingham, Harold Gilbey
He was the son of John Ellis Allingham and Emmeline Beatrice Allingham of London and Johannesburg and came to Winchester from Mr. W.H. Kemball Cook’s school at Stanmore Park.
He entered into practice as a solicitor at Johannesburg, and at the outbreak of war enlisted for service in German East Africa. He was attached to the Camp Commandant’s Staff and acted as Adjutant General of the Depot Base Records. He died of dysentery on March 28th 1917 in the military hospital at Dar-es-Salaam.
- Surname: Allingham
- Forenames or initials: Harold Gilbey
- House: D
- Years in School: 1901-1903
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Regiment: South African Union Defence Force
- Date of Birth: 28th June 1887
- Date of Death: 28th March 1917
- How Died: Died of dysentry
- Location in War Cloister: Outer B6
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: DAR ES SALAAM WAR CEMETERY: Grave 4. G. 10.