Beausire, Herbert Arthur William
Second son of Robert and Letitia Beausire of 15 Addison Crescent, Kensington and New York. He came to Winchester from Winton House, won the Headmaster’s Prize for German in 1910 and played cricket for the 2nd XI.
On leaving school he joined the Reserve of Officers and at the outbreak of war was posted to 5th Battalion, Royal Fusiliers. He joined 1st Battalion in France in October 1914 and in December that year was granted a permanent commission in the Regular Army in recognition of his distinguished service.
From November 1914 and throughout the first half of 1915 his Battalion rotated in and out of the trenches in front of La Chapelle D’Armentiers. It was there on 15th March 1915, that he was killed by shell-fire aged 22.
He is buried in grave E3 of La Chapelle D’Armentiers Communal Cemetery.
- Surname: Beausire
- Forenames or initials: Herbert Arthur William
- House: K
- Years in School: 1906-1910
- Rank: 2nd Lieutenant
- Regiment: Royal Fusiliers
- Date of Birth: 28th June 1892
- Date of Death: 15th March 1915
- How Died: Killed in action
- Location in War Cloister: Outer D4
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: LA CHAPELLE D'ARMENTIERES COMMUNAL CEMETERY: Grave E3