Blackie, John Stewart
He was the son of J.A. Blackie Esq., of Glasgow. He came to Culver’s Close from Copthorne School and fell at Le Transloy on October 18th 1916, while serving with the 5th Battalion Rifle Brigade.
War: World War 1
- Surname: Blackie
- Forenames or initials: John Stewart
- House: H
- Years in School: 1910-1915
- Rank: 2nd Lieutenant
- Regiment: Rifle Brigade
- Date of Birth: 24th June 1897
- Date of Death: 18th October 1916
- How Died: Killed in action
- Location in War Cloister: Outer F3
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: Unknown but commemorated on the THIEPVAL MEMORIAL: Pier and Face 16 B and 16 C.