Edmondson, Kenneth James
He was the son of Edward Edmondson of Liverpool and one of four Wykehamist brothers. He came to Winchester from Dunchurch Hall and on leaving school entered his father’s business in Liverpool, in which he was engaged for some nine years. At the end of that time he accepted an appointment on the staff of the Guayaquil and Quito Railway Company, Ecuador, South America, eventually becaming General Traffic Manager.
In August 1914 he was home on leave and immediately enlisted in the Public Schools Battalion of the Middlesex Regiment. Six months later he received a commission in the 3rd Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment; in June 1915 he joined the 1st Battalion in France, and served with them till his death. He fell in action near Fricourt on June 4th 1916.
- Surname: Edmondson
- Forenames or initials: Kenneth James
- House: H
- Years in School: 1894-1899
- Rank: Captain
- Regiment: Lincolnshire Regiment
- Date of Birth: 14th January 1881
- Date of Death: 4th June 1916
- How Died: Killed in action
- Location in War Cloister: Outer A3
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: DARTMOOR CEMETERY, BECORDEL-BECOURT: Grave D. 35