Philipson-Stow, Rowland Miles
Fifth son of Sir Frederic and Lady Philipson-Stow. His two brothers also came to Winchester, leaving to go to Trinity College, Cambridge where he obtained his BA.
On the outbreak of war he was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant of the King’s Own Royal Lancaster Regiment and was attached to the King’s African Rifles. He contracted malaria from which he died in 1920.
Several other Wykehamists who died of wounds or injuries after the end of the war are commemorated in War Cloister – not so, Philipson-Stow.
- Surname: Philipson-Stow
- Forenames or initials: Rowland Miles
- House: I
- Years in School: 1907-1911
- Rank: Lieutenant (retired)
- Regiment: King's Own Royal Lancaster Regiment
- Date of Birth: 23rd June 1893
- Date of Death: 13th September 1920
- How Died: Died of malaria
- Location in War Cloister: Not listed
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: Unknown