Sheepshanks, Christopher William
He was the elder son of Sir Thomas Herbert Sheepshanks KCB., KBE (Coll. 1908-1913) of Broom House, Horsell, Woking, Surrey, and Lady Sheepshanks, nee Elizabeth Creemer Calvert, daughter of James Calvert. He came to Turner’s from Pinewood School, Farnborough. He rose steadily through the school and was runner-up for the Leslie Hunter Prize and was a keen cricketer and musician.
He spent a year at Corpus Christi College, Oxford before joining 7th Battalion Rifle Brigade and going out to Egypt in July 1942.
Sheepshanks died of wounds received on 1st April 1943 at Oglat Telman and lies in grave XI.C.10 of the Sfax War Cemetery.
- Surname: Sheepshanks
- Forenames or initials: Christopher William
- House: I
- Years in School: 1935-1940
- Rank: Lieutenant
- Regiment: Rifle Brigade
- Date of Birth: 20th February 1922
- Date of Death: 1st April 1943
- How Died: Killed in Action
- Location in War Cloister: Inner B1
- Decoration: NA
- Burial Site: Sfax War Cemetery: Grave XI.C.19